Header Ads

'Portugal is not about me' - Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo played down his own accomplishment and said there was more to Portugal than just him.
Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo demands there is a whole other world to his group than just him, yet never questioned they could achieve the Euro 2016 last. 

The Real Madrid forward opened the scoring with a header before setting up Nani in a 2-0 triumph over Wales in Lyon on Wednesday. 

Ronaldo dependably felt such a run was workable for Fernando Santos' men, who won in control surprisingly at the competition. 

"We think everything is conceivable in football," he said. 

"Expressly, I am exceptionally upbeat. This is something that I needed subsequent to winning the Champions League. 

"I had faith in my heart we would go far in the Euros. Perhaps it didn't begin off and also we needed it to yet this is not a 100 meters dash, this is a marathon. 

"We moved beyond the gathering stages to the knockout stages. 

"When you consider Nani, Renato [Sanches] and [Ricardo] Quaresma who has additionally scored, so we're every one of the a group. Portugal is not about me." 

With his 50th-minute header, Ronaldo equalled Michel Platini for most objectives at European Championships with nine. 

The 31-year-old, nonetheless, played down the accomplishment, saying achieving the last was more essential. 

"The most essential thing was for the group to trust that we could make it to the last," Ronaldo said. 

"Congrats are all together for the mentor, for the therapeutic staff and to everybody who works with us. 

"Record breaking is something exceptionally pleasant. I have broken numerous records before and I am as yet breaking records for club and nation. 

"However, this all falls into place without any issues and the essential thing was to achieve the last. 

"I am exceptionally cheerful and I am extremely pleased with all my colleagues. Me and the young men have dependably longed for being there. Presently it's just about there. 

"I've generally longed for winning something for Portugal and now it's only one stage away. 

"Imagining is free so how about we continue envisioning."

No comments

Powered by Blogger.