Header Ads

Andre Gomes seals 'dream move' to Barcelona

Barcelona have finished the marking of Portugal midfielder Andre Gomes from Valencia in an arrangement that could in the long run be worth $A102.6 million.

The 22-year-old, who has marked a five-year contract, portrayed the move as a blessing from heaven.
Barca had achieved concurrence with Valencia a week ago to obtain the assaulting midfielder, who was in the Portugal squad that won their first real trophy at Euro 2016. 

He fell off the seat in his nation's 2-0 semi-last win over Wales yet did not show up in the last against hosts France. 

Gomes said it had been a long lasting aspiration to play for Barca, whom he picked in front of Real Madrid, where his comrade and companion Cristiano Ronaldo plays. 

"It is a honor to wear this shirt. It's a blessing from heaven for me and for my family," he told a news meeting on Wednesday. 

"I've picked what I accept is the best alternative for me and I haven't committed an error. I had most likely. When I discovered that Barca needed me, I was excited." 

Barcelona said the underlying exchange expense would be 35 million euros ($A51.24 million) yet that execution based additional items could twofold that last figure. 

Gomes had been connected with Barca's most outstanding adversaries Real Madrid and with Manchester United after a noteworthy two seasons at Valencia whom he joined from Benfica. 

He turns into Barca's fourth close-season marking after the landing of Samuel Umtiti, Denis Suarez and Lucas Digne. 

However, he says he is not anxious of the opposition at the Nou Camp. 

"There are numerous players in Barcelona's focal midfield and they are all incredible," Gomes said. "I simply need to keep on growing, learn and at 22 I have room schedule-wise." 

Barca additionally declared that Argentina worldwide Javier Mascherano had marked a one-year contract augmentation which will keep the guarded midfielder at the club until June 30, 2019. 

Barca made the 32-year-old's future a need with reports in Italy and Spain connecting Mascherano with a move to Juventus this mid year.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.